Thursday, June 19, 2014

I love the moon and the moon loves me

 I love the moon and the moon loves me.
(Mini canvas)

Oh how that statement is so true.  I am a nocturnal creature.  No matter how hard I try I just like to stay up all night.  When I worked from home and had to be at work at 9 o'clock I would stay up until all wee hours of the night and get up. I usually survived on 5 hours sleep.  For me that is really bad because in order for me to feel good I need 8 to 9 hours.  So needless to say my hours have changed so much since I am working at home. I do get my sleep but I seem to still stay up as late as ever and sleep late in the morning.  I love the peacefulness of the night.  I don't know why?? It just is my time.  My mother use to tell me when I was a baby I did the same thing.  I would be wide awake all night and day time I would like to sleep.  Lucky for her she only needed 4 hours of sleep to function. Oh how I love the night.  Nothing like a  Moon. Whether it is over the ocean or above the treetops. 
I love the moon and the moon loves me.

Friends come in all shapes and sizes

Have been finishing up some paintings
Getting ready for Art on the Ave.  In West Reading PA.


 I will be in front of Haute' Chocolate.  
Best Cupcakes Ever.
I am not kidding.
Yummmmmm!!
I will be having my usual.  Vanilla with Vanilla Icing , Sprinkles and a cherry on top.
Seriously Soooooo Good!
Best Cupcakes in town!!


Don't forget to come and see me and bring your Somerset Studio Magazine's and I will sign them!!!
 11 to 6 
Rain or Shine!
Hoping for the Shine!





 “The moon is a loyal companion.
It never leaves. It’s always there, watching, steadfast, knowing us in our light and dark moments, changing forever just as we do. Every day it’s a different version of itself. Sometimes weak and wan, sometimes strong and full of light. The moon understands what it means to be human.
Uncertain. Alone. Cratered by imperfections.”

Tahereh Mafi, Shatter Me

9 comments :

DVArtist said...

Great post. Of course I love your art but like the info of you being a night owl. I like the night too but in the for of getting up at 4AM and starting my day. It is so peaceful.
Have a nice night
Nicole/Beadwright

Ayala Art said...

I love the moon! And the picture with the baked goodies too!

froebelsternchen said...

I am a night owl too.. but family needs me to stand up early in the morning - so I had to change to a day owl...lol!
wonderful paintings Heather!

Julie said...

LOVE the first one! Before I had my daughter I was a night owl but she forced me to change my ways. lol! I love the feathers in her hair too.

Anonymous said...

beautiful post, beautiful painting!!!!

Saskia said...

I wish you a happy Paint Party Friday! Lovely work!!!

Smiles, Saskia :)

Tracey FK said...

I do wish I could come along and get my mags signed... that would be very cool... and I used to be a night owl, but more and more am now a daylight girl... weird change... but certainly more sociable as I live with two early risers ... fabulous paintings of course... i admire how consistently high the standard of your work is... that is no mean feat...xx

Tammie Dickerson said...

Wonderful work! Best of luck for your upcoming show - and enjoy those cupcakes!! Perhaps you can paint them while you are set up for the show - maybe one titled "I love cupcakes and the cupcakes love me"! Happy PPF!

Unknown said...

Lovely paintings! I'm a night owl too. I get my best creative bursts in the evening. But I can't function with too little sleep so I have to be responsible (especially now I have 2 kids and can't have lie ins!).