Sunday, January 9, 2011

Sunday Sketches an Random Things

 I started making this sketch the other night and it was funny I am taking a workshop with Louise Gale Big Dreams Small Wonders and I was working ahead and in the workbook it said to draw a tree and write affirmations on the leaves and ground. Isn't that funny how things work. Now I have my tree and I just have to put my affirmations on there and it goes well with Sunday Sketches.
 
I also wanted to let you know we finally got snowwwwww. Yippee!!!!!! I am so excited. I am one of those crazy people that loves snow!!! I told my Steve that we were going to have to move up north if it doesn't start to snow. (He wasn't going for that)   I need my snow.  And news is we may get a footer on Tuesday and Wed. Ahhhh I love it!  I figure if it all the leaves and flowers are gone we need to have some prettiness(is that a word) on the ground. Beautiful white snow.
                                  Not much but enough to make me smile.



This is my spot in the bed. When ever I get out of bed this is where she goes.

This is Lulu. She is scalped. My poor baby. If you remember prior posts. When she came home from the groomers she looked at me like she was saying " I have been violated" She was so pathetic.
I think she is cold the other night I was sleeping and I was thinking that Steve was getting snugly and I got up to go to the bathroom and I saw Lulu squeezing in the middle of Steve and I. Poor Baby. I think she needs a coat but Steve says "Oh no way am I walking the dog with a coat on" Men......


This is a painting I started in my Flora Bowley workshop. I am still working on it. I have been trying to complete it . Not finished yet.

I have been off from my job past week. I always take the week after the New Year off because I like to just get organized and get some things done. Well I did not get much done because I was under the weather. All week I was fighting some kind of bug.  But I managed to work on this painting. Steve bought me my new large bed scanner for Christmas and I still did not get to set it up. But that is OK I figure I am going to get rid of all the bugs and viruses early this year so now I can concentrate.


If you have time go over to my daughter Nelly's blog. I am so proud of her. She just wrote her first poem. I always told her she was meant to be writer.

Well I guess this is enough for now. See you in a day or two.






30 comments :

OF SPRING AND SUMMER said...

Hi Heather,
Happy New Year to you as well!! Love your drawing! Your dog looks half the size without his fur.
Ingrid x

WrightStuff said...

There's something very knowing-looking about that tree...

I adore that painting so far - it's so interesting and intriguing. Can't wait to see more and now I'm off to investigate Flora's site...

Enjoy all that snow - make a snow angel - so much fun :)

Brian Miller said...

wonderful eyes...love the textures of the bark too on your tree girl...great sketch

Tammie Lee said...

I love your tree and all it's details.
and congratulations on getting snow. As you saw, we have snow too and it makes winter a wonderful experience.

Morph Waffle said...

Neat sketch and yay! for snow. Your paintings going to be very cool when you're done with it.

EVA said...

Love, love the tree sketch!! Fabulous young nymph you created there!

A very intriguing painting you are doing Love th colours! Gorgeous so far!

Hope your pup warms up!!

Debbie said...

Love your tree! Your puppy is so cute ...and what an awesome painting!

Nicola said...

Hi Heather!

I LOVE your tree!!! so beautiful!!! And your painting looks very interesting can't wait to see it finished!

Our dog has a little coat she is a really little thing and her fur isn't very thick at all and sometimes at the moment in the summer we even had to put a little sunscreen on her ears as you can see the pink skin underneath and she might get burnt! I'm sure we'll use the coat in the winter as she seems to get cold easily bless her! I love the little red scarf you've got round Lulu, sooo cute! :0)

Christine said...

that's an interesting interpretation of a tree. Very nice.

Denise G said...

Your tree woman is bursting with natural earthiness and sensuality! She is pretty and mysterious...!

Alexandra MacVean said...

I love your tree woman. What awesome detail there. And I too love snow. We are in a middle of a snow storm now and I am loving it! Beautiful house, too! :)

Norma Soulet (AZArtist) said...

Hi Heather,

Love the tree sketch!
Congratulations to your daughter for writing her first poem. I will visit her blog soon.
Hugs

Poetic Artist said...

Hi Heather,
Thanks for stopping by. I love your tree sketch.
I will visit more often so I can see all your creations.
Katelen

Amy said...

Hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog. Love the tree sketch at the top of the page! Beautiful.

gatheringwonder said...

OK - that tree is marvelous - so fun

GlorV1 said...

Hi Heather. I really like the tree sketch. Very interesting. Snow looks great and congrat to your daughter the writer for writing her first poem. Have a great week.

GalleryJuana said...

very cool drawing. looking forward to seeing the affirmations added.

i.ikeda said...

Hey thank you so much for stopping by my blog and leaving such a nice comment.

I LOVE your tree sketch. In a way that's how I always imagine trees to be like, although a bit older than yours. :)

And, hey I'm a crazy person who loves snow too.......

Jehanne's doodles said...

Wow I really like your tree sketch and and the Flora B painting is look great and very interesting. looking forward to seeing it completed.

Unknown said...

oh wow!!!! that Sunday Sketch is amazing and that artwork...really neat work!!!! love all of your photos too!!!

Marlene said...

HI, Love your tree sketch, really Mother Natureish, I know that is not a word. Your painting is beautiful with great color. Happy New Year to you and I would send you snow if I could. We are suppose to have a big snow Tuesday night into Wednesday also.

Heather said...

Heather, what a great tree. Her face is gorgeous.

I want you to know, i so enjoy you and your blog. I think you are very inspiring. and i have an award for you over at my blog!
http://www.rosehilldesigns.blogspot.com/
i hope you accept it and pass it along!
xxoo

Jenny said...

What a beautiful tree...a she-tree!
And your painting is amazing, so unusual and inviting...I'd love to see it close up!
I laughed about the bit with your man and the dog coat...we are deciding on getting a dog and my significant other has stated the size it should be..in no uncertain way is it allowed to be small enough to fit in a handbag!haha! :)

JDConwell said...

I bet the tree sketch took a long time! Love the eyes.

What kind of dog is your little one? We have a mini-schnauzer...is she one?

Jan

Theresa said...

I love your idea for the tree with the leaves for affirmations! Happy New Year! and I hope your feeling better. ~Theresa

Diane said...

Ahhh--what a talent--everything--I love! Your Lulu is so cute too. I'm not that crazy about snow, probably because we haven't seen any grass here since the end of November, but...it does keep everything bright!

Mary Welsh Hubbard said...

love the tree. I wish we would get some snow. We've had a few dustings. We thought we were getting about 5 inches tomorrow but they changed it to up to 1 inch! gaaah - I want snow!

Kristin said...

WHAT a beautiful blog and artist! I love that WIP and your house (with all that snow) is FAB! I also really love your persistence painting below.
Thank you for becoming a follower too - I am so happy to have you - and right back at ya, xoxo

Kristin said...

Oh! BTW, my cousin's name is Heather Foust! How random is that?! xp

B @ Sweet Limes said...

Um, Hi....I'm B, your newest fan. Found you through the darling Nelly and had to check you out. As I did the head to toe once over I realized you're smokin! You're being added to my reader!