Sunday, January 16, 2011

Sunday Sketches and Blog Award.


 Hi Everyone it is time for Sunday Sketches.
Come and join us!!!

I am always working on the faces.

Blog Awards. Thank you for nominating me for a blog award Anne and NellyThank you so much I am honored!!!!
But there is a but. I can't pick my favorite blogs. I love them all for different reasons. That is why I waited so long to put this post up. I just can't do it.  I don't want anyone to feel that I liked someone else's blog better then the other. I love them all. It has been such a great community for me to be connected to so many different people that I would have never met if it were not for the internet. 


I love all my Bloggie Friends and you all get a STYLISH BLOG award from me!!!



7 things about me that you may not know.

1. I love to stay up until 3 in the morning and sleep to 11. The night is when I do my best work.  Although I am trying to change this habit because I do work a 9 to 5 job.  And my husband is definitely a morning person.  

2. I love books! I have books everywhere. The side of my bed is piled with books.
I am not a sloppy person but I have this pile of books that I read before I go to bed. I love books. Look proof!
I know I will clean that up today!!!!!

3. I am a seeker. I love self help books. When I was in my 20's I had major panic disorder. I went to a therapist for 3 years. I read almost every self help book out there. I can say that I have not had any panic attacks since I was 30 years old. (And that is pretty long since I am 50ish.  Anyone who suffers from this problem you need to know that there is help out there and that it does go away. But you have to do some major work on yourself.  It is all about the self talk in your head. The "What Ifs"
(Wow that is a big one, Enough of that!!!!)

4. I love to laugh!!!! From the time I can remember I have always had this ability to make people laugh. I think I started doing it when I was a kid with my parents. There were 3 of us and I was the youngest. So it was my way of standing out.  It is funny now when I am at work and we are in a meeting I will say something and people will just start laughing and then I have to say to them Noooooo I am serious this time. No kidding around.  I have to put my serious face on!

5. I am a sucker for a Chick Flicks.  My husband always says to me "Its a Chick Flick" Yeah I am a chick so I love chick flicks. What's wrong with that??? Actually I watched "The Way We Were" Last night. Love it . I can recite most of the movie!

6. I have always wanted to be an actress. When I was 15 I was Snow White in our High School play. It was televised on our local TV station at the time.  I was a bit of a hippy Snow White version though. I remember what I had on. It was a red and white  Maxie dress. I loved that dress! I remember the guy that was Prince Charming. I kept telling him he could not kiss me and during the dress rehearsals he didn't. But when we filmed it he laid a big fat juicy kiss on me.  Yukkkkk I was horrified.

7. I love music. Every part of my life I can relate to and remember the music that I was playing at the time. I love to find new and unique music. Music that set my soul on fire. I too like Nelly wish life was a musical. (She was raised by me that's why) And everyone would break into song. I remember one of my girlfriends telling someone that you have never seen the "Sound of Music" unless you have seen it with the Lippincott Girls. We sing every song. Life is good with music!!!


25 comments :

Tammie Lee said...

Your sketches are so lovely Heather!
and
it is wonderful to learn more about you!

WrightStuff said...

There's nothing wrong with chick flicks!! My boyfriend loves them (though he never admits it to anyone other than me!!). Last night we watched Rhinestone. I'd never seen it before. Rather enjoyed it! I like films that don't take themselves too seriously.

Heather said...

Heather, so great to learn more about you. I love to laugh too....and I love chick flicks, am glued to girly movies! he he he
Speaking of movies, that top sketch resembles Natalie Portman in Black Swan witch I am DYING to see! Love the other sketch too. xxoo -Heather

Norma Soulet (AZArtist) said...

Hi Heather,

Love the new sketches. It is so nice to know a little more about you. I too love Chick Flicks and my DH says the same to me too....Honey a "Chick Flick" is on! :)

Hugs

Christine said...

beautiful sketches today, great hair. Nice to know more about you, interesting person!

Nelly said...

Your girls are so pretty. Your bedside looks like mine, only Jacqui cleans mine up everyday ;)

JDConwell said...

This was a fun post, Heather. (Sketches are lovely.)
jan

Alexandra MacVean said...

Congtas on your award! :) I adore you sketches. Your "eyes" are so lovely and full of emotion. Thanks for joining in again. :)
Happy SS and hugs!

Lenora said...

Love them both! Fine features. The 2nd is my favorite! Great hair and eyes!

Anne Butera said...

Lovely sketches!

Such fun to get to know you a little better!

Reflections said...

Congrats on the award! So much fun to hear more about you, thanks for sharing.

Love the sketches, delicate, fine features. Wonderful!

Marlene said...

Your sketches are beautiful, It was fun to learn more about your.

Katie Jeanne Wood said...

OMGosh..I sooo get what you mean about being funny. I am the same way. People are always saying "I never know if you're serious or not". It is kinda addicting to make people laugh, isn't it?

Thanks for posting that link to sunday sketches. It's the first time I've heard of that site. I like it!

Julia Christie said...

Amazing sketches! and so great to learn more about you! Heres to lots of laughter :-)and I have a similar pile of books all over the house it seems...reading one in every room.

Smiles

Sinderella's Studio said...

Love the sketches - LOVE THE POST!!!!!!!!!
cheers, dana

M J Muir said...

Lovely sketches! I am so glad I came by to see your blog. Great blog!
And thanks for coming by my blog to see the swans and for your comment.

Debbie Clandening said...

Beautiful sketches Heather. Lovely blog.
Deb

giddy up said...

Love your sketches and learning about you... Your happiness makes me smile!

B @ Sweet Limes said...

beautiful sketches. They look so elegant.

EVA said...

Tried numerous times leaving a message Heather but blogger didn't want me too...next try....

So nice to get to know more about you!! I really like both of these Sunday Sketches. Lovely faces!!

Hugs!

Deborah said...

Congratulations! It was nice to learn more about you!

Mandy Saile said...

I love it that you didn't choose anyone...it would be difficult to just pick a few favs:D

I love getting to know abit about you too...thanks for sharing:D

Dear Fireflies said...

Hi there Heather! Thanks for leaving that kind comment on my blog, and now I can return the visit! Your drawings of lovely ladies are beautiful, I'll be back for more.. (^_^)

Unknown said...

:) Yay for chick flicks! Great to be able to make others laugh.

rusted wings said...

Hi Heather! Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog...and glad to meet you here on yours, with your lovely paintings, sketches and inside story! You're a beautiful, amazing woman!!
blessings,
abigail