Thursday, March 3, 2016

Spring is Coming!!!

1

The beautiful spring came; and
 when Nature resumes her loveliness, the human soul is apt to revive also. 

~Harriet Ann Jacobs~

Oh How I can't wait for Spring!!

It has been a very mild winter. We only had one large storm.  I believe it was around 24 inches of snow.  It was funny because Nelly and I were away in Pittsburgh for her Sabika Convention.  (Fun Time) and they only had 3 inches, which is very unusual for Pittsburgh. I was jealous of Steve because he was able to frolic in the snow. You see I am one of those crazy people that loves snow!!! But I am ready now for spring.   
I always get the February blues.
I need more sunshine and outdoor activities.

But I wanted to let everyone know what I was up to. 

 I missed blogging!!!
It has been awhile.
You see I have switched my computer from a PC to a Mac.
Just some confusion with learning how to get my photos and filing my photos.  And finding my photos.  No kidding I was having trouble finding my photo's.  I use Picasa so I was having problems downloading and all that good stuff. I also found out my fancy scanner is not compatible to my Mac. 
Not so happy about that. But I will adjust.
Slowly I will be making some changes.
I want to make a new website.
Start working with Photoshop instead of Picasso.
All these changes take time for me to learn so I will have to start somewhere!!

Anyway I have been showing my work at all kinds of good places.

I had my work at a Pop Shop over the Holidays in West Reading.
Alex always does a beautiful job at displaying my art.



 Also I had a solo show of my work at UZRC in Lititz PA

It was so exciting to see all the work in one place. 

It gave me such satisfaction in how far I have come.
If I can do anyone of you that works hard at there craft can do it too. Here are some photos of the display.


















Exciting!!!




I also wanted everyone to know that I will have some of my pieces in this show. 
Studio B in Boyertown.  So excited about this one also!!!

Lots of good things happening!!!
I am forever grateful!!


Such Singing in the Wild Branches
It was spring
and I finally heard him
among the first leaves––
then I saw him clutching the limb

in an island of shade
with his red-brown feathers
all trim and neat for the new year.
First, I stood still

and thought of nothing.
Then I began to listen.
Then I was filled with gladness––
and that’s when it happened,

when I seemed to float,
to be, myself, a wing or a tree––
and I began to understand
what the bird was saying,

and the sands in the glass
stopped
for a pure white moment
while gravity sprinkled upward

like rain, rising,
and in fact
it became difficult to tell just what it was that was singing––
it was the thrush for sure, but it seemed

not a single thrush, but himself, and all his brothers,
and also the trees around them,
as well as the gliding, long-tailed clouds
in the perfect blue sky–––all of them

were singing.
And, of course, so it seemed,
so was I.
Such soft and solemn and perfect music doesn’t last

For more than a few moments.
It’s one of those magical places wise people
like to talk about.
One of the things they say about it, that is true,

is that, once you’ve been there,
you’re there forever.
Listen, everyone has a chance.
Is it spring, is it morning?

Are there trees near you,
and does your own soul need comforting?
Quick, then––open the door and fly on your heavy feet; the song
may already be drifting away.

-Mary Oliver
See you soon everyone!! I will leave you with a new band that I LOVE!!!!
Fun Stuff!!!

17 comments :

Ayala Art said...

Hi! I love the show and all the beautiful pieces together!
I also wanted to tell you, your link is missing the ".com" in the PPF, it kept giving me a "server not found" notification.
TTYL!

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful paintings, congrats on your shows. I think we are all longing for spring. Happy PPF, hugs, Valerie

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

I am so glad to see your work here...I missed it!
I have my work in Reading, also. I would like to visit your exhibits in person.
All the best, Heather = )

sirkkis said...

Your exhibition looks great. Love your beautiful art - and spring, too.
Happy PPF ♥

My name is Erika. said...

Love her hair!!!!! Your pieces looks so beautiful hanging on the walls of that exhibit.

minnemie said...

A very impressive exhibition! Well done:-)

Faye said...

Heather, your exhibition must have been fantastic to view! You are so talented and your paintings have such vibrancy and life to them.

Giggles said...

Gorgeous work...LOVED seeing your beautiful pieces displayed...that in itself is a work of art... very exciting to see all your pieces together in such a stunning array!! I would love a mac...but for all the reasons you speak of I have no desire of learning the mac way!! All the best with that!

Hugs Giggles

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Stunning artwork, happy Friday!

DVArtist said...

What a fabulous post. I love seeing all your art hanging. Thanks for sharing that. It is exciting to have a show coming up. Wishing lots of sales.

Tracey FK said...

I absolutely loved seeing your work hanging like that... what a glorious display of your talent... it must have made your heart beat a bit quicker when it was all hung... wow... so inspiring!!!

Studio Kaufmann said...

What a fabulous exhibition! Congrats. Hope you sold loads.
Happy PPF

Julene said...

I have enjoyed every photo with your art work!! It is beautiful and over the top fun! Mary Oliver is a favorite, too. I know it takes work and it shows!!
I'm out the door, on my heal to get going and keep on!

Laila said...

Beautiful work and lovely to see them all hanging ready for people to see them in person.

pauline said...

Heather, your work looks absolutely stunning all line up there on the walls!! Congratulations! That painting of the woman with the wings & the birds nest in her hands... omg. Jaw dropped. So happy for you. xx

Beth Niquette said...

I am in awe. Your artwork fills my eyes, which is the greatest compliment I can give. I love the colors you use, the graceful movement throughout each painting--so extraordinary and absolutely exquisite.

Viola said...

wow, I love all your paintings! Stunning! :)