Thursday, October 2, 2014

Home again!


 “The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.”
Carl Sagan,
Cosmos


These past 2 weeks have been a eventful 2 weeks.
First we went to Donna Downey Studio to take a Plaster and Encaustic Class with Stephanie Lee. 
What a wonderful bunch of girls that was. 
Haven't  felt that connected with such likeminded people for a while.
Donna Downey was the best host and Stephanie Lee was so giving as a teacher.
I learned so much.  It will most likely change the way I work.   So cool! 
Stephanie Lee you are the best!!!

Met so many wonderful people.
Kim Bellar is having a class at Random Arts 
She wanted me to let anyone who is in the area Oct 11 & 12 to sign up!



Look at the cool windows at the Donna Downey Studio.



 Look at all the toys to play with!!!


3 of the pieces I made in class. 
I wanted to challenge myself to see if I could make some more muted pieces. Only one piece has red in it...


I have never left a class with so many finished pieces.

I wanted to tell you about a bottle that I discovered when I was there.
We were doing a Round Robin kind of thing and Donna was writing on all the paintings.
And I then saw it!!! I was in Love with it!!
It is soooo cool it is a plastic bottle with a long narrow tip on it.
You can write and make some really cool marks!





 You put equal amount so of Airbrush Medium and Acrylic Paint.
So cool.
I know it has probably been around for a while but I have never seen it before.
Whooo Knew!!!


Nelly and I went to see Oprah in Newark NJ.
It was so inspiring.
I am still on a high from it!! 

Nelly and I were upgraded to the good seats. 
I had bought the cheap sets. Nose bleeds....
And inside I just knew that we were going to be upgraded.
So when we had our bracelets scaned I was totally shocked when I didn't win!!
I really felt we were going to get upgraded.
And then all of a sudden Nelly started jumping up and down!!!
We were upgraded to the good seats.
We got a free bag with all kinds of goodies in it!!!
WooooHooo!!!
Seeeeeee I knew it!!


 First night I got no pictures because my phone decided not to work.
I think it was the universe saying be in the moment. 
Just suck it all up.

 Oprah!!

Elizabeth Gilbert


Look who I saw when I was in line for the bathroom!!!
Marie Forleo and Kris Carr. 
Kris Carr was adorable she just kept on laughing because I could not get my camera to work.
I didn't want to bother them because some other girl was gushing all over Marie.
Awesome!!!
 Hey you never know who you will meet at the bathrooms... Right??


What a wonderful 2 weeks spent with my wonderful daughter Nelly.
Couldn't get better then that.
I would be happy doing anything with her. 
I am so lucky to have her in my life.
 

  
But it was time to go home.  And I was ready.  

Back to my Studio


Back to my Special Place at the Museum

 

 Back Home



Back for Maddie's 12th Birthday Party.
Happy Birthday Maddie!
Everyone is blowing.
Maddie is so patient with her little sisters and cousins.


 

Back to work




Back to journaling


Oh I almost forgot!!! It is Official I am going to be on a  Hallmark Greeting Card!!!
Woooo Hoooo!!!
I signed the contract and received my compansation.
I can't show you the one they picked yet. They asked me not to show until it is out in the stores.  Such a exciting thing. 
Just to say I was on a Hallmark Card gives me such satisfation.
Like I am not just spinning my wheels.


Also Everyone just a reminder this is Breast Cancer Awareness Month




I will leave you with a song I just heard.    It reminds me of my nephew he was 8 when my sister in law, his mother died of liver cancer.  Her birthday is coming up soon.  It was a beautiful song that made me cry.  
Her death reminds me everyday to live life to its fullest. 
Reece this one is for you.  Love you.






22 comments :

BrownPaperBunny said...

Wow, looks like you had such a fantastic couple of weeks, and that studio looks like so much fun!

Happy PPF!!

Giggles said...

What a extraordinary post! I loved reading it...your wonderful artwork, the class photos, your kids...all so interesting and beautiful to look at! Thanks for sharing... It was an awesome visit!

Hugs Giggles

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

There's no place like HOME!
Best of luck with your art!
Thanks for inspiring your followers = )

Marji said...

Wow. What a time you've had. Home is pretty great in its own right. Lovely post

Valerie-Jael said...

Looks like you had big fun! Valerie

BLOGitse said...

What a post - full of creativity and inspiration.
I'd love to have a studio of my own - I have a room but it's too small! :) or do I have too much materials, bottles, brushes, canvases, papers... :)
Happy PPF!

My name is Erika. said...

Sounds like you've been having a fantastic time lately! Glad you had so much fun and even a little art time-love your recent pieces.

Julie said...

It's always good to be back home. Love that piece and how you created her hair using different swirls.

Faye said...

Heather, what a wonderful post! Your work is awesome and I am so glad that Hallmark has chosen some of it to be on greetings cards. I am honored to have a polished artist like you leave a comment on my post. The Oprah event sounds like a once in a lifetime occasion. How very neat that you got to sit close and get the gifts. Happy PPF!

DVArtist said...

OMG!!! Congratulations on the HM. That is fabulous!!! Your daughter looks just like you that is nice. I am so glad the last few weeks have been so good for. I love the Opera!!! The class you took really does look exciting. Your art is just as amazing as ever. I have been looking for a fineline applicator thanks for sharing that. Hey 27 years doesn't if feel a bit surreal?
Have a great weekend
Nicole/Beadwright

Anonymous said...

amazing class, and the work you created is beautiful, I love the windows in that studio, looks like you had an amazing time, and then home again, lovely birthday photo,

Beth Niquette said...

What wonderful work! I am envious of this class you took--it sounds great. Such an adventure you had--thank you for sharing it with us.

Cindy D. said...

Those muted pieces are so nice! Great color! Holy cow you've had some busy weeks!

Neesie said...

Whoa Heather that's such a lot to take in... what a fabulous time you've been having and it's so kind of you to share.
Fantastic artwork too
I also can't believe that you saw Oprah too. Brilliant!
But even with all that... I know it's always great to arrive back home again.
Happy PPF

Jo said...

Wow!! I'm exhausted from reading your post although it was a good exhausted. Lucky you for going to one of Donna Downey's workshops. And Oprah, too!! Wonderful art.

Norma Soulet (AZArtist) said...

Welcome back, Heather!
I have missed you.
Wow that class must have been loads of fun! Lucky you!
Love the new art that you have created.

Hugs,

Abigail Davidson said...

Lovely collection of creations this week!

Ileana said...

Making sweet artwork and memories. I loved this post! Great work!

Stephanie Lee said...

I LOVED sharing laughs with you and beautiful Nelly all weekend! It was a treasure of a weekend and I'm so glad you enjoyed it! BIG hugs to you and hopes that our paths cross again soon! xoxo

pauline said...

So much goodness in here Heather... i loved this post. Loved everything about it - including the beautiful song at the end. How fabulous that you got to share so much with your daughter? And your art always impresses me so. xx

Gillena Cox said...

absolutely love, your February faces

much love...

Sophie Grace said...

I appreciate that you took a simple step. How to article by explaining the process step by step and how to build momentum. I really like it. Keep it up! profile picture