Thursday, March 20, 2014

Flowers and Things

 Working on some Mini Canvas's for my Open House in May.
Not sure exact date.
Coming soon.
My Owls are going to be in the May Issue of Somerset Studio.
So I can sign copies for you if you bring them.

Do you notice the theme??
Flowers.
This is the first Winter that I have really yearned for it to end.
I am not sure why.
I don't know if it is because of all the snow ! (But I love snow!) 
I need the sunshine.
I feel restless.
I need to get outside.
I need lots of flowers!!
I miss them. 
You can get them at the store but there is something about growing them.






I have also some how started to have a new found love for painting in my art journal.
Not that I didn't journal before but it has become an really important thing in my life.
It helps me work out some things in my art and life.
 Working on Life
 Working on some fun characters 

While I am working on my journal I play my music and just get into it!

This is one of the songs that has really touched me.  I can cry every time I hear it.
Who in this world has not had to give up on someone. 
I know I have.
Sad song but so beautiful.
Everyone have a wonderful week.  I hope I don't make you cry with this song.
But here it is.



21 comments :

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

LOVE all the flowers, and I too like the song!

Miss Marple said...

These are lovely! Thank you so much for stopping by on my blog. Happy PPf - Irma

Unknown said...

super cool art
-Kat-

Abigail Davidson said...

Your flower art is just darling!

Lynn Cohen said...

Definitely spring beauty! HPPF!

minnemie said...

That last one is a very fun character indeed:-)

froebelsternchen said...

AMAZING HEATHER! I love every single piece... my favourite is the pretty sun flower face- striking!

Netty said...

Congratulations on your successes Heather. Smashing flower art.
Happy PPF, Annette x

http://nettysartadventures.blogspot.co.uk/

alarmcat said...

LOVE your flowers! i am so ready for spring!!

i just heard that song the other day for the first time … it's so pretty … and sad.

Twist of Pink said...

Love all the flowers. Agree, need them..miss them.

Saskia said...

Wow, you're so creative! Lovely work!

Smiles, Saskia :)

irene said...

Good luck on your show. I love the spring-y feel of your current pieces.

Studio Kaufmann said...

I am really sick of the snow. I planted some gladioli, dahlias, lily of the valley and then it snowed again! Your art is wonderful and springlike. Here comes the sun doo di doo di.....it's all righ! Happy PPF

Sandy said...

Wow love the flower girls they are just beautiful your whole post had me smiling and wowing the whole time loved all of it..
Happy PPF
Sandy #86

Annabelle said...

Hi Heather,
Congrats on the owls, not at all surprised.

Lovely Spring flower art.

Annabelle m..m

Katie Jeanne Wood said...

Love the flowers, Heather!! So colorful, and springlike. The song gives me chills when I hear it.

Anonymous said...

beautiful, your work is amazing, so much detail, the painting in the previous post is beautiful as well, I will enjoy coming back!

Nadya said...

Love the flower faces, I recently did one as well! Bulbs are beginning to bloom here (Western Oregon) & it's been BéÂüTïFüL and warm the last week!

Marianne said...

Beautiful flowers.
They remind me of summer - can't wait :)
Marianne

Neesie said...

Such a springy colourful post. It makes me want to get outside and get busy in the garden ;D
I've heard the song many times before and loved it.
Have a wonderful weekend
Happy PPF

Tammie Dickerson said...

I love your sunflower painting! Wonderful! Happy PPF!